General trends amongst the theme of substitutes are:
- Companies are issuing ‘mini-bonds’ direct to customers, bypassing banks that are unwilling to lend (12/9/11)
- In Greece, the barter economy is a growing alternative to the cash economy (3/10/11)
- Tesla launches family saloon electric car (3/10/11)
- Electric car charging-points rolling out across Britain (4/10/11)
- Boeing’s supply chain solution complex to implement, but brings much-needed stability (11/10/11)
- New car hire firm will rent cars by the hour (12/12/11)
There will be other specific trends affecting individual businesses.
To see all stories filed under ‘Substitutes’, click here.
If you know an important story we missed, please tell us using the <Feedback> button.